Last updated on September 23, 2020
Adding gold and real estate exposure to the traditional portfolio construction mix.
Value Stock Geek, well known on the Twittersphere as @ValueStockGeek, joins the podcast to discuss his concept of the “weird portfolio.”
This portfolio allocates to gold and real estate as well as stocks and Treasuries.
The guest also revisits his prediction from his first visit to the podcast last year, when he said retail stocks were undervalued.
The paper explaining this concept in more detail can be read in its entirety here.
- Background on constructing the “weird portfolio” (3:04);
- How exactly is the portfolio allocated? (5:14);
- Is gold still an effective disaster hedge? (8:55);
- The equity portion of the portfolio (14:02);
- What makes up the small-cap value portion? (17:04);
- Is there really enough diversification offered by international equities over their U.S. counterparts? (19:03);
- How the real estate allocation is accomplished (21:05);
- Revisiting the contrarian calls from last summer (27:17).
Become A Premium Member — Details Here