This podcast episode was recorded on Sept. 16, with a short highlight clip containing the most actionable items released to premium subscribers that same day. The full episode was released to premium subscribers without ads or interruptions a day after recording.
Axel Merk, president and chief investment officer at Merk Investments, joins the podcast to discuss his views on stagflation, the Federal Reserve, U.S. dollar, and why the bottom is not yet in for stocks.
- Printing money does not fix supply issues. Next stop: Stagflation (2:59);
- The current environment simply is not conducive to taking risks (11:15);
- There’s too much groupthink at the Fed and it’s time for Jerome Powell to step down (13:21);
- The bottom for stocks is not in yet. The Fed needs to pivot first. What to watch for there (15:26);
- Background on the guest (24:43);
- The outlook for gold (31:20);
- How high might the Fed go with interest rates? (34:09).
For More Information About Axel Merk
- Website: MerkInvestments.com;
- Twitter: @AxelMerk;
- Merk Stagflation ETF and other funds: MerkFunds.com.