With Enrique Abeyta, Empire Financial Research
This episode originally aired for premium subscribers on Dec. 2, the same day it was recorded, without ads or interruptions. To become a premium subscriber and gain access (as well as take advantage of a host of other benefits, including the Daily Contrarian briefing and podcast), sign up through Substack or Supercast.
This episode uses mature language. Discretion is advised for listeners that may be sensitive to this type of thing.
Enrique Abeyta of Empire Financial Research rejoins the podcast to discuss his views on the omicron strain of Covid-19 and inflation, and share his excitement about the metaverse.
Meta, the company formerly known as Facebook, could become the world’s first $5 trillion enterprise.
Not intended as investment advice.
- The market didn’t go down because of omicron or because of what the Fed chair said. What caused the selling instead (5:09);
- Omicron is not the first Covid strain. It won’t be the last. Society and the economy have been able to deal with the variants (6:28);
- Inflation is another boogey man (8:10);
- The spike in the VIX is more noteworthy — and a bullish indicator for stocks (12:39);
- What about gold? (16:56);
- The metaverse: It’s already here. People just don’t realize it yet (24:07);
- Meta, the stock formerly known as Facebook, is as good a way as any to profit from these developments (27:29);
- Oil and gas “could go to the moon” (39:52).