Premium subscribers received an eight-minute clip containing the most actionable highlights from this episode on Sept. 26. This is just one of many benefits of premium membership. For more visit our Substack or Supercast.
Jordi Visser, president and chief investment officer at Weiss Multi-Strategy Advisers, joins the podcast to discuss his reasons for optimism during this trying time for global financial markets.
- The environment is constructive for risk assets (2:26);
- Focus has moved from inflation. Investors are too negative (3:50);
- The Fed is raising interest rates. Inflation is coming down — a lot faster than people think (4:41);
- What sectors and why? (9:53);
- No, you don’t need unemployment to increase for inflation to come down (13:22);
- The bullish case for biotech (15:12);
- The blockchain will have profound impact on labor markets (19:42);
- Background on the guest (25:13);
- Clean energy and how that fits in (29:14);
- Oil should move higher, but watch out for global trade (36:47);
- Web 3.0 and cryptocurrencies: here too there are reasons to be bullish (39:48);
- Beta has started to outperform profitability. A final reason to be optimistic (51:45).