Tom Carney, co-head of fixed-income at Weitz Investments, joins the podcast to discuss his (perhaps surprisingly) optimistic view of bond and credit markets.
- Carney’s views on the bond market. Interest rates have created a much-improved, encouraging environment for investors (1:33);
- Opportunities include the non-corporate bond market, specifically the asset-backed securities market (5:38);
- The guest has a unique view into consumer lending. There are defaults, but not more than usual (10:37);
- Discussion of the mortgage-backed securities market. There too, defaults are not particularly prevalent (13:05);
- How big of a concern is the Fed? (24:25);
- Background on the guest (29:57);
- What about his concerns facing markets at present? (38:09).
For more information on the guest, visit the website WeitzInvestments.com.