Phil Pecsok, founder of Anacapa Advisors, joins the podcast to supply a primer on contrarian investing: What it is, what catalysts to look for, and some valuable lessons from his 30-year career on Wall Street.
- The guest provides his views of contrarian investing and how he uses it (1:27);
- Examples of blaring contrarian signals from past cycles (9:00);
- The Fed is likely to stay hawkish (13:14);
- The ‘Rule of 3’ in contrarian investing as illustrated in a story from early in the guest’s career (16:37);
- His views on cryptos (24:13);
- Background on the guest (30:01);
- Sports betting is an efficient way to lose money, unless you’re running the book. But sometimes there are sometimes contrarian opportunities (37:46);
- What keeps the guest up at night? Nothing in particular, though stocks are probably overbought even after the recent sell-off (45:17).
For more on the guest and his firm, visit the website AnacapaAdvisors.com.