With Chris Belchamber, Author of ‘Invest Like The Best: The Low-Risk Road To High Returns’
Chris Belchamber joins the podcast to discuss his book Invest Like The Best: The Low-Risk Road to High Returns and challenge the axiom that market-beating returns are not possible without taking on large amounts of risk.
Belchamber has studied the most successful investors’ track records over decades. One thing they all have in common is prioritizing risk aversion and behavioral discipline. There are simple lessons to be learned for ‘novice’ investors.
(Spotify users can link to the segment directly by clicking on the timestamp)
- Most financial advisers have bought in to the idea that more risk will generate higher returns. This “simple line of argumentation is just wrong.” (6:39);
- ‘Paradox investing’ and Radobank’s model (10:57);
- The mindset of successful investors is all about risk aversion. The biggest problem facing investors is their own behavior (13:56);
- ‘The optimization of the brain’ function: what it is and how to go about it without getting exhausted (17:23);
- Background on the guest (23:05);
- Belchamber’s meeting with John Meriwether (26:42);
- Jim Simons and Renaissance Technologies (28:52);
- Red flags and other things investors should look for (33:07);
- The current state of the economic and market cycle and why the second half of this year could be a lot different — and worse (38:29).
More Information on the Guest: