Season 5, Episode 6 feat Mark Szemeszki
This podcast episode brought to you by Covey — Covey is designed to find, reward, and train the next top investment managers —from any background—that anyone can copy, so everyone can win.
Mark Szemeszki joins the podcast to discuss his highly profitable short crypto trades from last year and why his business cycle theory has him sitting in cash.
- Three-hundred-and-eighty percent (380%) returns last year. How did he do it? (2:47);
- The macro view and leading indicators are pointing to a recession right now, which makes risk-taking more problematic in the short term (4:17);
- His short crypto trades predate the FTX saga (7:33);
- More on his business cycle theory (10:32);
- Inflationary pressure is real, including from China’s reopening (13:37);
- More information on catalysts sought when shorting altcoins (16:17);
- Shorting the narrative on altcoins is a good strategy if you can get a good entry point (20:20);
- Background on the guest (25:08);
- More on his trades last year (27:13);
- Probably 99% of crytpo currencies are useless, even Bitcoin and Ethereum (29:37).
More Information on the Guest
- Twitter: @MSzemeszki;
- Covey portfolio.