Salem Abraham of Abraham Trading Co. joins the podcast to discuss his bullish outlook for oil, predicated on supply issues and under-investment.
- The shift to renewable energy is real, even in the Texas panhandle. But the transition is still in the very early stages. Oil and gas are still needed — so are investments in infrastructure (4:13);
- Worldwide drilling has yet to recover to pre-Covid levels. This will lead to $200/barrel oil and $10 gasoline prices (7:07);
- “I think we end up with stagflation,” but even that will not solve the supply issues (8:50);
- Natural gas “is still a great investment” (14:14);
- The benefits of green hydrogen (16:31);
- There are more pipelines than popularly believed in the U.S. and they are actually more precarious than transmission lines (19:52);
- Background on the guest (29:36);
- Liquid alternatives and the need for better diversification (31:37);
- The Federal Reserve has to regain credibility after the ‘transitory’ talk. The Fed will blink, eventually… (36:02);
- Unrelated: Notre Dame will not join the Big 10 for football, says the alumnus (39:49).