Fabian Wintersberger joins the podcast to discuss his views on the economy, inflation, and Fed policy.
- The Fed will not succeed at bringing inflation down to 2%. There will be no soft-landing for the economy (2:48);
- Interest rate hikes will proceed until something breaks in the real economy, forcing the Fed to reverse course (5:04);
- Bond yields: We haven’t seen the highs yet (8:16);
- Background on the guest (14:10);
- The situation in Europe. Central banks have no choice but to follow the Fed higher (16:38);
- The situation in Wintersberger’s native Austria, which faces an unprecedented winter with dramatically higher energy costs (18:55);
- Austria has historical ties to Russia, including in its banking sector, where one institution still has business in the country… (23:27).