With Robert Cote, Cote Capital
Robert Cote, principal at Cote Capital Management, joins the podcast to discuss his model of technology investing, how it’s different than venture capital, and which areas of new technology that he is most excited about.
- The last 20 years have seen venture capital focus on software companies, almost to the exclusion of anything else. Therein lies the opportunity (1:09);
- Hardware has been overlooked and can become the focus of technology investors again. One example is manufacturing (6:39);
- Use of nanocarbon has created one specific advancement in the area of solar technology (8:50);
- Unfortunately, this technology is not investable through public markets (12:22);
- Another example: textiles, specifically textile recycling (17:08);
- Background on the guest and his investment process (22:56);
- There is transportation-related innovation as well. No, not self-driving cars (36:31);
- Something from the realm of augmented reality: X-ray technology for surgery (38:57):
- Finally, what about crypto currencies? (43:18).
More on Robert Cote
- Website: CoteCapital.com;
- Twitter: @CoteCapital;
- YouTube: @CoteCapital9399.