Ayesha Tariq of Keystone Consulting joins the Contrarian Investor Podcast to discuss her bearish views on the global economy and on stock markets, what investment options she prefers right now, and why work-from-home will not persist (or at least not at current levels).
- The idea of a ‘Fed pivot’ away from higher rates is baseless. The Fed has no choice but to raise rates (3:01);
- What about inflation having peaked? Won’t that remove some pressure from the Fed? (8:35);
- Unemployment is due to rise, with companies soon having no choice but to lay off workers — but this won’t stop the Fed either (11:28);
- Markets had a good week. Did we have the bottom already? (13:57);
- What about commodities? A potential bright spot due to structural issues? (15:32);
- Background on the guest (21:06);
- What are some of the best options for investors in light of all this? (23:19);
- Real estate investment trusts are one good option, especially commercial real estate. Work-from-home was a phase that will be scaled back soon (26:25);
More Information on the Guest
Not intended as investment advice.