Featuring Kevin T. Carter, EMQQ Global
Kevin T. Carter, founder and chief investment officer of EMQQ Global, joins the podcast to discuss opportunities in emerging and frontier market stocks. His first lesson: don’t bother with the indexes. The real opportunities are to be found in individual stocks.
- The first issue with emerging market investing is the index. These do not accurately reflect the real opportunities (1:19);
- Individual stocks, especially of technology companies, have performed far better than the underlying index (6:25);
- There are three mega-trends that point to emerging markets growth over the long term (8:03);
- South America’s E-commerce giant is not in any EM index. Neither is Brazilian digital bank Nu Holdings (15:14);
- A broad discussion of China, where things are not always as they appear in the western media… (19:22);
- Right now all eyes are on India. The story there is still in the early innings, but unfortunately options are limited for investors limited to US exchanges… (42:13);
- Other markets in South Asia also offer compelling opportunities. Especially Bangladesh (48:58).