With Ryan Worch, Worch Capital
Ryan Worch of Worch Capital joins the podcast to discuss his views that even after the massive post-COVID rally in stocks, the bull market is just getting started.
- The most appropriate historical parallel from a price-pattern standpoint may be 1999 and the massive “tech melt-up” that ended in 2000 (3:21);
- “We believe the market is in this secular bull market — for various reasons,” particularly monetary easing. This should “supercharge” a move higher, much as in 1999 (5:35);
- The similarities and differences between now and the late 1990s (8:40);
- The Fed is “completely transparent these days.” They will be forced to raise rates at some point, but the markets may not stop rallying for a while (12:21);
- Current excesses are nothing compared to those of the late 1990s. People are still spooked by what happened (16:44);
- Background on the guest (22:06);
- How he started his fund in 2008 (26:39);
- How Worch Capital was able to avoid the February-March correction this year (28:54);
- Why he still likes growth, and which sectors (34:54).