Tobias Carlisle of Acquirers Funds rejoins the podcast to discuss the stock market’s latest dramatic reversal, this time over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and why investors may be a bit too bullish at present…
- How to take the huge reversal last week with Russia-Ukraine? (3:11)
- Every war starts with “the boys will be home by Christmas,” but most tend to drag on longer than anticipated. Sometimes a lot longer… (5:13);
- Growth stocks have been in correction territory for some time. Are they in a bear market? Probably… (8:52);
- The interest rate cycle has not started tightening but inflation has the Fed caught between a rock and a hard place (15:53);
- Energy and energy stocks are still cheap. Then there are defense contractors. Lockheed Martin (LMT) has benefited from Russia-Ukraine and Carlisle is a holder… (21:25);
- Facebook aka Meta (FB) is also cheap (23:20);
- Non-fungible tokens, or NFTs: Dead as Disco (30:12);
- The aim of investing is to survive the bad times and they are “probably here” (37:18).
More From the Guest
- Website: AcquirersFund.com;
- Twitter: @Greenbackd;
- Books: The Acquirer’s Multiple and Deep Value via Amazon.