Last updated on May 15, 2020
Coronavirus will hurt earnings and interest rate may not help much
Tobias Carlisle, founder of Acquirers Fund LLC, is well known in value investing circles. He defends this method while also pointing to the short opportunities that have emerged recently.
Where the macro picture is concerned, the coronavirus is still front and center. Here Carlisle expects corporate earnings to be impacted and doesn’t anticipate central banks being able to help much. (This podcast was recorded before the Federal Reserve’s 50 basis point cut announcement on March 3).
- The case for value investing (4:28)
- Coronavirus and the impact on supply chains (7:36) and how the market will react this year (8:47)
- The fund’s short position in Tesla (12:58)
- Favorite contrarian ideas right now, including short Etsy (21:25)
- Exposure to energy (27:15)
Highlights From Our YouTube Channel
More information on the guest:
- AcquirersMultiple.com for podcasts and other materials;
- AcquirersFunds.com for information on the firm;
- AcquirersFund.com for information about the fund;
- Fund ticker: ZIG
- Twitter: @Greenbackd
Not intended as investment advice.