This podcast episode brought to you by Covey — Covey is designed to find, reward, and train the next top investment managers —from any background—that anyone can copy, so everyone can win.
Todd Sullivan of ValuePlays.com rejoins the podcast to discuss oil markets and the investment case for cannabis.
Sullivan’s call for $100 oil last year turned out to be prescient. Oil prices have retreated from their peak, but that will be short-lived, he says…
(This episode was recorded Sept. 22, before the recent rebound in oil prices. Premium subscribers get an early actionable highlight clip of the podcast along with earlier release of the full episode — and a host of other benefits. More on our Substack or Supercast.)
- Fears of ‘demand destruction’ have led to the decline in oil prices, but risks are tilted toward prices moving higher again. Production is not coming back (3:48);
- How much of a concern is a slowing Chinese economy when it comes to oil prices? (10:14);
- What about stocks? Sullivan continues to like pipeline companies… (16:00);
- The investment case for cannabis: Overview (27:03);
- The only thing that will unleash capital on the cannabis industry is decriminalization (31:46);
- What to look for if you are looking to buy and hold cannabis stocks and two of the guest’s favorites (34:30).
More About Todd Sullivan
- Website: ValuePlays.com;
- Twitter: @ToddSullivan;
- Covey portfolio.