Jordi Visser, president and chief investment officer at Weiss Multi-Strategy Advisers, joins the podcast to discuss his reasons for optimism during this trying time for global financial markets.
- The environment is constructive for risk assets (2:26);
- Focus has moved from inflation. Investors are too negative (3:50);
- The Fed is raising interest rates. Inflation is coming down — a lot faster than people think (4:41);
- What sectors and why? (9:53);
- No, you don’t need unemployment to increase for inflation to come down (13:22);
- The bullish case for biotech (15:12);
- The blockchain will have profound impact on labor markets (19:42);
- Background on the guest (25:13);
- Clean energy and how that fits in (29:14);
- Oil should move higher, but watch out for global trade (36:47);
- Web 3.0 and cryptocurrencies: here too there are reasons to be bullish (39:48);
- Beta has started to outperform profitability. A final reason to be optimistic (51:45).
More About Jordi Visser
- Website: GWeiss.com;
- Twitter: @JVisser_Weiss;
- Video on inflation after the CPI print;
- Weekly podcast: In Search of Green Marbles.