With Scott Colbert, Chief Economist, Commerce Trust Company
Scott Colbert, chief economist at Commerce Trust Company in St. Louis, rejoins the Contrarian Investor Podcast to discuss the upcoming Federal Reserve meeting and state of the economy.
This was a quick call recorded over a phone line on Tuesday, June 15.
- The Fed meeting that concludes June 16 and the coming discussion around the rolldown of QE (0:52);
- Colbert’s reasons for being “grossly optimistic” about the economy (3:43);
- The biggest concern is around the length of the current expansion (5:04);
- The prospects of asset bubbles and why the ‘dot plot’ should see an increase from four to six or seven members of the FOMC who want to see higher interest rates (7:37);
- Where does all this leave investors? (11:06);
- What is driving the drop in bond yields (14:41);
Not intended as investment advice.