Sunrise Capital’s Chris Stanton on the What, When, and Where
Chris Stanton, chief investment officer at Sunrise Capital, rejoins the podcast to discuss his bearish views on the market at the start of 2020.
There are reasons to believe a market correction is overdue, Stanton says. Risk is everywhere: geopolitical, volatility, repo markets. A drop of 18% to 20% can be expected before March 31.
- “Rest assured, we’re heading for a correction and I would argue it’s going to be terrifying when it comes” (5:43)
- The “Phase 1” deal with China is a temporary measure that will be revoked if Donald Trump wins reelection in November (9:55)
- A likely catalyst for a correction is in the repo market (11:36)
- A “volatility-led sell off” is likely before the end of the first quarter (16:12)
- Where’s inflation? (26:34)
- It may not take an actual headline for investors to decide equities are overbought (31:01)
- Background on Stanton’s firm, San Diego-based Sunrise Capital (38:03)
- The “origin story”: Background on Stanton himself (53:03)
- What should retail investors do, right now? (1:02:49)
Quick Highlights From Our YouTube Channel
For more information on Sunrise Capital: www.sunrisecapital.com
Not intended as investment advice.