Last updated on July 6, 2020
With David Neuhauser, Livermore Partners
David Neuhauser of Livermore Partners joins the podcast to discuss his expectation of a “L-shaped” economic recovery and corresponding sideways market activity in the years to come.
There are still opportunities for investors. Here Neuhauser is bullish on certain companies tied to hard assets like oil and copper.
- The “best days” of the market rally have likely passed (3:00), expect more rangebound markets in the short run (4:24);
- What this period of low growth means for markets in the medium term (8:16);
- What it means to be a contrarian today (9:39);
- Background on the guest (12:11);
- How he spends his time in terms of activist situations (17:40);
- More specifics on opportunities in energy markets. Hint: it’s not in shale (20:31);
- Concerns about the demand picture? (24:09);
- There will be a “massive reset” in markets and fundamentals will take hold, causing “further grinding” to the downside, especially amid high-priced securities (26:45);
- Neuhauser’s process for finding opportunities (27:46).
For more information on the guest:
- Website: LivermorePartners.com
- Twitter: @LivermoreOps
- Video of presentation at Contrarian Investor Virtual Conference No. 2
Not intended as investment advice.