With Rachel Ziemba, Geo-Economic and Country Risk Expert
Rachel Ziemba joins the podcast to discuss the continuing, and intensifying economic impact from the coronavirus.
It’s become clear that the crisis has caused a demand shock that will likely bring “rolling recessions” in its wake. The most likely scenario appears to be for a “W-shaped” recovery. In the meantime, there is still a lot that go wrong.
- The demand shock, shift in demand, and rolling recessions (4:27)
- Unique characteristics of the coronavirus crisis (7:57)
- Oil and oil-producing countries may be at most risk. Sino-U.S. relations can be expected to suffer (16:35)
- Background on the guest (25:55)
- Discussion of historical parallels: some similarities, but there is no precedent (30:16)
- The unlikely prospect of a “V-shaped” recovery (36:26)
- How deep might the trough be? (39:55)
- Are there any safe harbors from this? (47:57)
Highlights From Our YouTube Channel
For more information on the guest:
Not intended as investment advice.