With Political Economist Marc Chandler
Marc Chandler, a political economist and currently managing partner at Bannockburn Global Forex, joins the podcast to provide his assessment of the coronavirus impact on the global economy.
Segment time stamps:
- This crisis is different, not brought about by the economic cycle but by an exogenous shock (3:15)
- Assessing the fiscal and monetary response by policymakers (4:36)
- Will there be a “V-shaped” recovery? (6:55)
- Recovery in Q3, Q4, but growth will be limited (12:07)
- The crisis may accelerate the move to a cashless society (13:12)
- Background on the guest (17:43)
- What’s something the market is missing? (27:39)
- The Age of Surplus (34:13)
- Greater accountability for the Federal Reserve (38:21)
- The crisis could result in expansion to enfranchisement. To 16-year olds? (43:21)
Quick Highlights From Our YouTube Channel
For more information on the guest:
Not intended as investment advice.