With Jamie Catherwood, Author of InvestorAmnesia.com
Jamie Catherwood, the author of InvestorAmnesia.com and a self-proclaimed financial history nerd, is a perfect guide to this discussion.
- What epoch in financial history is perhaps most apt in light of today’s period? (3:38);
- How long do these cycles typically last? (12:40);
- Bubbles in transportation technology: bicycles, railroads (twice), now electrical vehicles (16:25);
- “Tulip mania,” often cited as the “mother of all financial bubbles” was in reality nowhere near as crazy as commonly believed (18:40 );
- What are common elements that prick bubbles? (27:08);
- The role of central banks and the money supply in the bursting of bubbles (29:59);
- Background on the guest (40:36);
- How he started his website on financial bubble history (45:44)
- Contrarian investors through history (51:59);
- Epilogue: bonus content for supporters of Tottenham Hotspur only (57:05).
More Information on the Guest