Brody Howatt, Bellator Asset Management says he’s getting ready to buy protection for a January sell-off
Brody Howatt of Bellator Asset Management joins the podcast to discuss his view that the market is getting closer to a “blow off top.”
The guest also talks about what it was like working for Steven Cohen at SAC Capital and Point72 before starting his own firm.
- “A lot of it has to do with positioning” — the major difference from before the election versus now (3:23);
- There could be another 5% upside to the S&P, which should be seen as an opportunity to bring down exposure (4:59);
- The run-off in Georgia is worth watching (7:17);
- Look at illiquid names and potentially “take advantage of the up move to get out” (9:59);
- The rotation out of big tech and into small caps has mostly played out already (12:51);
- Background on the guest: son of a professional hockey player, Choate, West Point, Iraq, SAC Capital (17:51);
- Bellator Asset Management, a veterans-owned business (22:43);
- What it was like working for the legendary Steve Cohen, cold trading floor and all (25:15);
- More about the Bellator strategy (29:51);
- “The syndicate market never sleeps” (34:55).
More Information on the Guest:
- Website: BellatorFunds.com