With Ethan Widell, Ironhold Capital
Ethan Widell, senior analyst at Ironhold Capital, joins the podcast to discuss the case for Indian stocks.
The country is currently suffering under record cases of coronavirus, with horrific humanitarian consequences. This has understandably weighed on investors’ minds. But there are other transformations underway in India’s economy that make the investing prospects exciting in the long run.
(Spotify users can click on the timestamp to link to the start of the segment directly)
- India’s macroeconomic positioning is “extraordinary” and conducive to growth (3:01);
- Infrastructure and bureaucratic red tape remain an impediment to growth, but the trend is toward deregulation (7:10);
- Covid cases are spiking. A clear concern and troubling from a humanitarian point of view, but where investing is concerned Ironhold sees this as a short-term issue. Indeed, most companies have already adjusted (11:20);
- What sectors is Ironhold most excited about right now? (13:53);
- Background on the guest (20:22);
- A niche segment of India’s stock market that the firm likes a lot right now (24:12);
- Contrary to popular belief, there are opportunities to buy stocks for those willing to look in niche corners of the market. One is India’s mutual fund industry (29:12).