Last updated on June 2, 2021
With Shana Sissel, CIO, Spotlight Asset Group
Shana Sissel, chief investment officer of Spotlight Asset Group, joins the podcast to discuss her bullish outlook on technology stocks and other views on the markets.
Just because tech stocks might not be overbought (yet) doesn’t mean there aren’t sections of the markets that are frothy. Take SPACs for example. That is sure to end badly.
Sissel also has some views on working from home, why there aren’t more women in professional investing, GameStop, and which cities in the U.S. have the best pizza, among other things.
(Spotify users can click on the timestamp to link to the segment directly)
- The bullish case for tech stocks remains intact. They may be expensive, but you need to pay for growth at this stage of the cycle (3:11);
- There’s even upside for Zoom Video Communications (NASDAQ:ZM), though not as much as other stocks (7:09);
- These other stocks include NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA), Marvell Technology Group NASDAQ:MRVL), and Activision Blizzard (NASDQ:ATVI) (9:32);
- GameStop (NYSE:GME) discussion. Yes, really. Though AMC (NYSE:AMC) is a better example of what we’re talking about (14:50);
- The guest’s views on the economic picture and why higher rates are not really a concern (19:07);
- Her views on SPACs. Spoiler alert: this won’t end well (24:19);
- Background on the guest (39:39);
- Her podcast, The Black Swans, and how it came to be (51:10);
- Women in finance and why they’re still under-represented (55:54);
- A discussion of pizza: Worcester, Mass. versus New Haven, Conn. versus New York versus Chicago versus Detroit (1:08:18).
- Spotlight Asset Group: Who We Are;
- Twitter: @ShanaS621;
- Podcast: The Black Swans;
- Instagram: @finance_queen2020.